Monday, July 27, 2009

A 12 Mile Hike. . .In the Dark!

Cameron and I went on a 12 mile hike up past South Fork last Saturday - in the dark! We started at about 9:30 that night and didn't get back until 3 in the morning. It was so fun but so exhausting. We saw eyes in the dark watching us which was kind of creepy but really cool. The last part of the hike was so steep, I thought I was going to die! So we started going in short bursts, resting, and then going again, and I made it! Then we kind of got off the path again (we are good at that) and had quite the time getting back down. Cam and I had to hold onto eachother on the way down so we wouldn't fall. He caught me many times as I started to pitch down the mountain! It is always an adventure to go hiking with him! It also started to rain on our way down and we took a different fork and ran into the river going across the trail. He offered me a piggy-back-ride, but I just walked on through! It was a way fun night and a great story to add to our list of adventures!

No comments:

Post a Comment