Monday, July 6, 2009

Happy 4th of July!!!













This was the most fun Fourth of July ever!!!! Cameron took me on quite the adventure. We went hiking at six o'clock in the morning up Dry Canyon. We hiked quite far up the mountain and into Provo Canyon. We met a rattle snake that Cam shooed away for me then we came to a fork in the trail and decided to "take the road less traveled by." It was an overgrown trail marked by pink marking tape in the trees. I would follow Cam anywhere, so off we went! It took us down a steep incline into this gulley. Well, pretty soon, the trail and tape disappeared. We didn't want to go back up that steep incline, so we decided to hike down the dry creek bed. What an adventure! We were slipping on rocks, falling through bushes, walking through stinging nettle, clinging onto a 6 inch wide trail that would drop off, and we were laughing our heads off! Cam kept apologizing and telling me I had every right to get mad at him. I just laughed and told him, "Come what may and love it!" When we finally found our way out of the creek bed, we had quite the surprise: the trail was right on the other side! We just laughed! I got quite the battle wound when my shin met up with a rock, but it was worth it! So we went home and showered then he and I went to my parent's house for lunch. It was fun to visit with family and friends and tell about our adventures. Then Cam went to the "Stadium of Fire" with his kids and I went and watched the fireworks with my family. They were spectacular! We got the hugest snowcones ever and had a great time eating, playing, visiting, and watching the fireworks. I am so thankful for my country, my freedoms, and my life. Happy Fourth of July!!!

1 comment:

  1. sounds like a blast! Can't wait to hear all about it at lunch today. RaeAnn

    ReplyDelete