Wednesday, July 1, 2009

I love waterfalls! I hate snakes!

So, yesterday (June 30) I went hiking with my friend Cameron and his dad. We decided to hike to the hot springs up Diamond Fork Canyon. Cameron and I had already ran/walked 8 miles that morning, so it is a good thing I am in pretty good shape! Hiking felt wonderful and it was a lot of fun talking and laughing with Cam and his dad. On our way to the hot springs, we met a friend in the path - a snake! EWWWWW! Cam of course gets excited and decides to get closer. Luckily, the snake doesn't like this and leaves. When we got to the hot springs and waterfall, it was so beautiful we decided to keep going to see what else we could find. Cam suddenly stops and asks if I smell something. He looks around and finds 4 (we think) of the hugest snakes ever in a clump maybe ten feet below us. EEEEEEEWWWWWWWWWW! I am not kidding - they were bigger around than my fist! Crazy Cam of course wants to get a closer look, so he climbs down there while I am yelling at him to stay away! Well, finally, he comes back up and we continue on our way. I am so glad we decided to keep going because we found the most beautiful waterfall just past the hot springs. It was amazing! Cam's dad decided to stop, but Cam and I kept going for maybe another mile. It was so much fun and felt so good to be out in the sunshine and mountains with friends. On the way back, we met another snake in the path and Cam decided to try and move this one with a stick. Unfortunatley, he ended up throwing the sucker down a cliff! It was really funny, but Cameron felt bad for the snake. I didn't! When we got back to Cameron's parent's house, his sweet dad insisted on making us lunch, so we ate hamburgers and fried zuchinni, fresh out of his dad's garden. It was a fun but exhausting day. Total, Cam and I figure we went about 18 miles - 8 this morning at the track and 10 on our hike. Crazy!!!!!!!! It felt so good though!

2 comments:

  1. Yikes! I would have turned around and ran down the mountain in two minutes flat! I HATE SNAKES!!! What an adventure! And 18 miles...you go girl! I ran two miles today and was thrilled. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like an adventure! I'm with you about the snakes. The only place I like to see snakes is at the zoo.

    ReplyDelete