Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Grey's Anatomy? Scrubs? ER? Nope! It's Just My Life!

Remember the back pain I told you about? The 3 herniated discs, spinal stenosis, and pinched sciatic nerve?

Well, it all exploded on Sunday! I was in so much pain, I couldn't stand up or move. It was the most terrifying experience of my life. I was alone in my apartment, bawling, and screaming. My family was at church, but luckily my brother Nathan carries his cell phone all the time. I called him, panicked him, and he ran and got my parents who rushed out of church and came up to my apartment. My mom has a key, so they came in and found me still bawling on my bed, unable to get up. So of course my mother starts bawling and just wraps her arms around me. I don't know what I would do without her!!!

My dad and Nathan gave me a blessing which eased my pain enough so I could stand up, get to the car, and they rushed me to the emergency room. One morphine shot and one valuum later, I was much happier. The neurosurgeon looked at my MRI results and couldn't believe I had been living like that for 4 weeks.

So, they admitted me to the hospital and I had surgery on Monday. He said my sciatic nerve was so pinched and swollen, it was now wonder I couldn't walk! He fixed it all up though! I spent one more night in the hospital and came home today. Now I just have to heal from the surgery. I will gladly deal with that pain though!

My family has been amazing and supportive and helped me so much! I can't begin to tell them how much I love them!

My work family has been the same! I have not had to worry about subs or plans! I love you all!

My ward family has been amazing too! My visiting teachers, home teacher, bishopric, and friends visited, texted, and facebooked. I love them all too!

In fact, I love everybody!!!!!!! :)

I will be staying at my parents while I heal. Then I will go home. . .to my new townhouse! I am not allowed to lift or bend, so my family said they will move me in while I watch. But I get to set up my house! That's the rule!!! :)

4 comments:

  1. What a life you lead girl. Time to settle down and be painfree. I can't wait for you to move close to me. We'll have lunch dates with Kerry and Heather and hang out. Love you tons. Get better real soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow.. I'm so sorry I haven't been by or anything. How are you doing? When will you be moving in to your town house? Facebook might be easier to message me back on but I really hope you are feeling better!! I'm so sorry you've had to go through this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are one of the most amazing and positive people I know! I am so glad you are doing better. It will only get better from here on, right?

    ReplyDelete
  4. GET BETTER ALREADY! geesh. i'm soo sorry you've dealt with all this pain garbage..and at such a young age! i'm just glad you're ok. hope you continue to feel better and better....each and every day. love you!

    ReplyDelete