Friday, January 1, 2010

Welcome to 2010!!!!!!

I am so excited to start a new year! I have decided to make this the best year ever, no matter what it takes! So look out! This is the year of Ashley! It has started out pretty. . .interesting. . .wonderful. . .crazy. . .I'm not sure yet! Let's just say, I have another interesting episode to add to my tv show of a life. I'll let you know how it turns out as soon as I know (. . .after my date on Saturday!).

So anyway, 2009 was pretty crazy. But as I've reflected, I decided it was a good year after all (even if I did go slightly insane - sorry about that!!).

I learned a lot about myself, what I can do, what I want, and what I don't want.

I feel like I've grown closer to my Heavenly Father and Savior. I know they are there, watching out for me, and that they have an amazing plan for me. I'm just not sure what it is yet!

I have grown closer to my family, especially my mom and two amazing sisters-in-law who have helped me through this crazy (did I say CRAZY) few months. I don't know what I would have done without their advice, support, and shoulders to cry on. I really don't know what I would have done without Liz that one day. I am so glad she was there to go swing in the snow with me!

I have grown closer to my amazing friends/team/sisters at work. This includes Heather (the stable one! At least for this year!), Kerry and Jessica (the new ones who are already a huge part of me!), RaeAnn and Marci (who will always be a part of my team!!!), and Trudy (who is always there when I need her!). These amazing women got me through the good times and the bad. Work is still my safe and happy place because of them!!!! I love you girls!!!!!

I made some amazing new friends in my singles ward. Yes, I said it! I am actually enjoying my singles ward. I avoided it for a long time but it has been a good experience.

I am in the best shape of my life and feel great!

I am on my way to earning my Masters Degree in Education (I never want to write another research paper again when this is over!!!!!!).

And I have so many amazing (if not sometimes random!) people who care about me and show me they do in amazing (if not sometimes random!) ways like setting me up on blind dates, hugging me in the hall, inviting me places, etc. I would be lost without the amazing and random people in my life!

So, 2009 was crazy (CRAZY!!!!!) but it was great.

2010 is going to be even greater! Wonderful! Amazing! Spectacular! And hopefully not so crazy! At least not in a bad way!

So let's hear it for 2010! The year of Ashley!!!

3 comments:

  1. Is that like the year of the dragon or dog or lion in China? I sure hope this is the year of the Ashley because the Ashley deserves a year of her own. Keep smiling. Keep laughing. Keep praying. Keep playing. Keep dating. Keep teaching. Keep being my friend. Love you Ashley.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know what I would do without you. Our team is the best (past and present!) You are an AMAZING person, friend, teacher...and you inspire me! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope it really is Sister Friend! You are always in our prayers and thoughts ya know! Jem and I are so proud of how you are and all the things you do! P.S. I had a lot of fun on the swings, thanks for inviting me!!! Next time we will be celebrating!

    ReplyDelete