Sunday, September 13, 2009

Excuse Me!

So here is the story I promised you. The reason why Mr. D's students all make fun of me every time they see me. A couple of weeks ago he and I were running as usual around the track at the Orem Community Hospital at 5:45 in the morning. We kept passing these two ladies who were walking the opposite way than us and they would never get out of our way. Cameron is always telling me that runners have the right of way and so the walkers should move. So, he dared me to wedge my way in between these two ladies. I am not one to back away from a dare, so I asked him what he would give me if I did it. He told me he would wash my car. Well, the next time we passed them, I was headed straight for them but panicked at the last second and moved. So I gathered up my courage the next time we passed them, and I DID IT! I wedged my way right between then and squeaked out an, "Excuse me!" They gave me the biggest crusty and Cam laughed and laughed. But he still hasn't washed my car! He says I didn't do it the first time we passed them so the deal was off. Whatever! He did not put that stipulation on the deal beforehand, so he owes me a car wash! Well, he told his students this story and told them to say, "Excuse me!" every time they see me. I have yet to go through a whole day of school without at least one kid coming up to me and saying, "Excuse me!" Every time they do, I just tell them to go tell Mr. D he still owes me a car wash! So anyone reading my blog, every time you see Cameron/Cam/Mr. D, tell him he still owes Ashley/Ash/ Miss Myntti a car wash!

No comments:

Post a Comment