Sunday, June 3, 2012

Man, Time Flies!


Time just seems to pass more and more quickly!  These past few months have been crazy busy but I finally have some time to work on catching my blog up.  I feel like I'm always teaching, going to meetings at the district, doing things for my calling at church, doing things with my family, or going out with friends.  I like to be busy, but lately I've been a little too busy.  I haven't even taken time to blog about Disney World!  And that will have to wait for another post because it will be huge!  So here are just a few glimpses into what I've been up to.




On May 12, I ran the Moab Red Rock Relay with some teachers from Manila: Jen Dibb, Kacie Moore, Chris Shores, Kadi Landry, and Bre Gibson.  We named our team the Trottin' Teachers.  It was so much fun!  All of the blisters, sore muscles, chaffing, dehydration, exhaustion, and sunburn were totally worth it because of the friendship, runner's high, and sense of accomplishment.  It took us just under 12 hours to run 70 miles.  :)



For Memorial Day, I went camping with mom, Nathan, Ryan, Becky, McKenna, Tanner, and Kellan down at Utah Lake.  It was cold and rainy but we still had a good time.  There's nothing better than sitting around a campfire and roasting marshmallows to make S'mores!
 




On June 2nd, I turned 29 and it was one of my most memorable birthdays ever.  It also happens to be Chelsea Nelson's birthday on the same day, so we decided to celebrate together.  We went to Park City really early in the morning to ride a hot air balloon, but it was cancelled because of weather.  We didn't let this stop us from having an amazing birthday!  We spent 3 hours driving around Park City taking random pictures while we waited for things to open.  We also walked around Olympic Park, built rock cairns on the side of the road, and started crying in Burger King because we were laughing so hard.  Then we rode the Alpine Slide, Coaster, and Zip Line.  It was so fun and unforgettable.  Then I had a way fun picnic at the park with my amazing family.  It is so fun to watch my nieces and nephews play together.  So thank you everyone for an amazing birthday!

I can't believe I am 29!  Like I said...Time flies!  As I look back over the last 29 years, I am so thankful for all of the amazing people that have supported me and loved me through my ups and downs.  I am in a good place in my life now and feel very blessed.

Stay tuned for that Disney World post and any other adventures I find myself in this summer!  Love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment