Saturday, August 15, 2009

What Happened to Summer?

This has been one roller coaster ride of a summer, but it has also been the best summer of my life. And now it is over! I officially start back to work on Monday, and I am having the hardest time getting back into the school mind-set. I have had a wonderful distraction by my side all summer that has boosted my self esteem and taught me a lot about myself. Believe it or not, this distraction has also made me into a very outspoken person! I know that is hard to believe! And now, instead of being free to go running, hiking, swimming, etc. whenever I want, I have to go back to working a set schedule every day. Plus I start graduate school on Tuesday! So I have to ask, what happened to summer? It flew by so quickly! Maybe getting back to real life will help even my roller coaster ride out. I am excited to see Heather, Kerry, RaeAnn, and Jessica (the newest member of our team) every day. They, Marci, and my dear mother and sisters-in-law have helped me keep my sanity this summer as I have been riding my roller coaster, and I cannot thank them enough, and I cannot tell them how much I love and appreciate them. So, real life, here I come! I am just waiting for my distraction to get back from a quest I sent him on, and I hope he kept his promise! I don't know what will happen next on my roller coaster ride - if I will be going up hill or down hill. But I do know that the Lord is the one laying the track and I trust in Him completely. So whatever happens, I will be ok!

No comments:

Post a Comment