Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Summertime Fun

I have had about 1 1/2 weeks of summer vacation now, and I feel like I have been busier than when I was in school! That's ok though, I enjoy being busy. I have taken two classes already this summer: The ABCs of Kindergarten with my wonderful friend Kerry, and the Literacy Institute with my amazing friends Kerry, Heather, and RaeAnn. (I had - I mean got - to teach at this one which was exhausting!) I have to say how much I love these amazing women who have become some of my very best friends. They plus Marci (who will always be a part of my team and one of my very best friends even if she is in San Fransico) took me out for my birthday and were so sweet and got me a gift card to Tai Pan - one of the most awesomest stores ever! I also had a fun family picnic for my birthday and got some fun stuff for my apartment. I have still been getting up every day to go running and it feels WONDERFUL! If anyone is looking for a boost, I suggest an early morning run. It helps to have a friend to go with. I have spent time with family and friends, worked in my parents' yard, continued to get settled in my apartment, got caught up on some reading, etc. So far, it has been a wonderful summer. And I know it will continue to be a wonderful summer because. . . .I leave for Disneyland in two days! Yeah!

3 comments:

  1. I can't wait to see your Disneyland post. I'll live through you. You can live through me and pretend YOU are painting your bedroom. Pictures to come. PS ask about my paint story next time you see me. RaeAnn

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't been busy at all!!! I love it. They got to you huh? I declined the chance to teach at the summer institute. I wanted to be lazy this summer...and that's what I'm doing! Have fun in Cali.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ash!!! How I love you. I already miss you and our recesses and shakin' our booties to "What time is it?" (crap, now that song is playing in my brain).... I'm so jealous thinking of you on your way to DISNEYLAND right now! how fun for you. I can't wait to hear about it....and I am DYIIINNGGG to hear about your love saga. haha. we need to get together soon. so much to talk about!

    ReplyDelete