Sunday, July 25, 2010

Happy Pioneer Day!!!!! (and Happy Belated Birthday Party for Jem!)

We celebrated the 24th by having Jem's belated birthday party. We went up the canyon above Payson for a yummy dinner of sloppy joes, fruit, salad, chips, juice, and Rice Krispie "cake." We played ring toss, shoot the aliens, balloon pop, and horseshoes. I, of course, won. :) (In case you didn't know, I am way too competitive and should not be allowed to play games! But I have to. . . because I have to win!!!!) We went on a mini hike then went to Spanish Fork to watch the fireworks. They were spectacular!


I love pioneer day and so thankful for my ancestors and heritage on both sides of my family. The 24th of July is always a little sad because Grandpa Shepherd had his heart attack on this day and Grandma Myntti had her stroke on this day, and we lost them both (different years). However, it is also a very happy day because we have the Gospel and know we can be together again - FOREVER!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment